Ozzy Osbourne’s daughter ‘lucky to be alive’ after escaping fatal studio fire

US

Ozzy Osbourne’s daughter Aimee is “lucky” to be alive after escaping a fatal fire in Los Angeles, her mother Sharon has said.

26-year-old music producer Nathan Avery Edwards, who worked under the name Avery Drift, is reported to have died in the blaze at a recording studio building in Hollywood.

More than 75 firefighters tackled the fire at the two-storey property on Thursday afternoon.

The fire happened at a recording studio in Hollywood. Pic: AP
Image:
The fire happened at a recording studio building in Hollywood. Pic: AP
Aimee Osbourne and music producer Jamal Rajad Davis. Pic: AP
Image:
Aimee Osbourne had been working in the building with a producer. Pic: AP

In a post on Instagram, Sharon Osbourne said her eldest daughter Aimee had been working in a recording studio in the building with a producer.

“They are the lucky two that made it out alive,” she wrote.

“It is utterly heartbreaking that someone lost their life today in this fire and we are sending our prayers to this person and their family.

“What happened today was beyond horrific.

“I really hope moving forward that buildings like this are better regulated for fire safety.”

The cause of the blaze has not been confirmed.

Aimee Osbourne, a singer who releases music under the name ARO, returned to the scene of the fire on Friday with music producer Jamal Rajad Davis.

The 38-year-old did not take part in her family’s famous reality TV show, The Osbournes, which starred her rock star father Ozzy, mother Sharon and siblings Kelly and Jack.

Aimee Osbourne (far left) pictured with her famous family in 2002. Pic: AP
Image:
Aimee Osbourne (far left) pictured with her famous family in 2002. Pic: AP

Authorities have not named the person killed in the fire but the Los Angeles Times reported it was Edwards, who was described as “a talented young artist, producer, engineer”.

A hip-hop artist named Maxxamillion said he lost his entire studio and 50,000 dollars worth of equipment in the blaze.

He told KABC-TV: “I opened the door, I saw smoke coming from across the hall.

“I immediately reached over to grab a jug of water. I threw it at the door, flames bursted.

“I tried to go back to my room and grab anything I could, but flames were everywhere, and we ran out the building, and that was it.”

The fire happened at a recording studio in Hollywood. Pic: AP
Image:
More than 75 firefighters tackled the blaze. Pic: AP

People inside said they did not hear any smoke detectors and saw no sprinklers go off.

Davis told the LA Times: “I was my own smoke detector.

“I ran to my room and grabbed my stuff and left my door open, trying to call my cats out to follow me.”

He said he tried to go back in to save his four cats, but the smoke was too thick and he lost them all.

Articles You May Like

UFO: Pentagon releases three leaked videos – is the truth finally out there?
Ukraine War: Russia makes advances in city of Severodonetsk
Why the $2 trillion crypto market crash won’t kill the economy
Threat of ‘summer of discontent’ not unique to UK as unions flex muscles Europe wide
Woman rescued from hostage situation after putting plea for help in takeaway order