Man kills five with bow and arrows in Norway before ‘confrontation’ with police

World

Several people have been killed and others have been injured in bow and arrow attacks in Norway, according to police.

The incidents took place in the town of Kongsberg, and those injured have been taken to hospital.

A suspect has been apprehended.

Police chief Oeyvind Aas said: “The man has been apprehended … from the information we now have, this person carried out these actions alone.

“Several people have been injured and several are dead.”

He declined to comment on the number of casualties.

The attacks took place over a “large area” of Kongsberg, a municipality of around 28,000 people in southeastern Norway, police said.

More from World

Norway’s minister of justice and public security, Monica Maeland, has been informed and is closely monitoring the situation.

Local media reported a large area on the west side of the town had been cordoned off, with investigations now underway.

Articles You May Like

Quick Charge Podcast: October 9, 2021
Solskjaer disagrees with Fergie on Ronaldo role
Honda announces all new models will be electric after 2030… but only in China to start
Rishi Sunak to call for ‘global action’ to tackle supply chain issues as fuel crisis continues
Spectacular Light Show Created in Sky Across US as Solar Storm Hits Earth